Using a Struts/Tiles Application as Subproject

gilgantic

We have developed a Struts/Tiles application in which we would like to
convert as a framework for future applications. We realize we can .jar
or .war the application and reuse the Java classes, but is it possible
reuse or extend the JSP files, struts-config.xml, and
tiles-definitions.xml file. What are your thoughts?

We are developing using WebSphere Application Server 5.1.2 and using
the IDE WebSphere Application Studio Developer 5.1.2. The WASD 5.1.2
allows for a project add other projects to its Java Build Path.

If you need more explanation please reply.

Thanks!

Christine Fu

You can config multiple struts-config files in your application, this way you can reuse what you have, then use secondary config for extended functionalities. same strategy you could apply to tiles. For JSP files, should be included in .war file already.

Hope this helps.
Christine

Thanks,

Christine Fu
(e-mail address removed)
557-9759
We have developed a Struts/Tiles application in which we would like to
convert as a framework for future applications. We realize we can .jar
or .war the application and reuse the Java classes, but is it possible
reuse or extend the JSP files, struts-config.xml, and
tiles-definitions.xml file. What are your thoughts?

We are developing using WebSphere Application Server 5.1.2 and using
the IDE WebSphere Application Studio Developer 5.1.2. The WASD 5.1.2
allows for a project add other projects to its Java Build Path.

If you need more explanation please reply.

Thanks!

Christine Fu

In your application, you can config multiple struts config files, and tiles defination files. So you can reuse what you have now for one configuration, and add secondary files for extended functionalities. For JSP files, you can use tiles to reuse and extend.

Hope this helps,
Christine