Using a web form to send details to an e-mail

Andrew Williams

Hi,

I have just created a web form that should send its
details to an e-mail address. The problem is that I was
working on the pretense that CDONTS would suffice my
needs.

However, after working with it for a few days (and
nights), it finally came to my attention that it will
only send 'To, From, Subject, Body' information and not
the 20 or so other form fields I need to send.

Ideally, my form will send a basic formatted e-mail to
someone. At the very least, it needs to be sent in an
ordered fashion so that it makes sense to the end user.

In a nutshell, I have 20 text fields and 6 drop down
menus on my web form. I need some code to take this
information and send it to an e-mail address in a
readable format.

Can this be done? Can anyone please help me.

I am using IIS4 on NT Server 4 with Option Pack. I am
also using Exchange 5.5 for our mail server.

Regards,

Ray at

Andrew Williams said:
Hi,

I have just created a web form that should send its
details to an e-mail address. The problem is that I was
working on the pretense that CDONTS would suffice my
needs.

You're right. Use CDO instead of CDONTS unless you're stuck on an NT 4
Server.

However, after working with it for a few days (and
nights), it finally came to my attention that it will
only send 'To, From, Subject, Body' information and not
the 20 or so other form fields I need to send.

What else did you expect? (Aside from CC, BCC, which are included, and the
ability to add your own headers, which you also can do.)
Ideally, my form will send a basic formatted e-mail to
someone. At the very least, it needs to be sent in an
ordered fashion so that it makes sense to the end user.

Create a string from the form values and then make that string the body of
the message.

In a nutshell, I have 20 text fields and 6 drop down
menus on my web form. I need some code to take this
information and send it to an e-mail address in a
readable format.

Do you know how to do something like:

Response.Write "The value of text field #1 is " & Request.Form("text1")

If so, it's all the same concept. Do

strTheEmailBody = "The value of text field #1 is " & Request.Form("text1")

Can this be done? Can anyone please help me.
Yes

I am using IIS4 on NT Server 4 with Option Pack. I am
also using Exchange 5.5 for our mail server.

Oh, you are on an NT Server. Okay, continue to use CDONTS. It will work
just fine.

Ray at work

Martin

Could you not gather all the form field values and just include them in the
body information?
I am using a form/several forms with up to 50 fields - check boxes drop dwn
lists etc. On Win NT CDONTS no problems...
Or am I missing something?