    through Google.

    --

    Jos
    Jos, Aug 28, 2003

  2. Cindy,

    That was a negative approach, the answer is 'yes with a
    catch'.

    Jos,

    Cindy is correct that you will need to have a file or
    ODBC source to reference. You can simply create an temp
    file that is a CSV.

    Option #1.

    Create the temp csv and use Office Automation of Word to
    perform your mailmerge. Remember to clean up the temp
    file.

    Option #2.

    On your web server, create verbs for the .csv extension
    and have your Word document use http:\\mydata.csv for the
    datasource. The mydata.csv is actually an ASP page that
    response.writes the data in CSV format. You could make
    this a wrapper page that accepts paramaters for different
    queries. The wrapper page then consumes the webservice
    get the appropriate results.

    HTH,

    Matthew Holton

    (2000 or XP)
    >> in order to perform a mail merge?
    >>
    >> The problem is: we are moving our Access database

    online, but we
    >> don't want to lose the mail merge functionality.
    >>

    >No. Word requires a file stored in a local or network

    path. No http
    >paths; no web-services.
    >
    >Cindy Meister
    >INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
    >http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister (last update

    Jan 24 2003)
    >http://www.mvps.org/word
    >
    >This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any

    follow question

    Matthew Holton, Aug 30, 2003