Using Access mdb file with Web Site Administration Tool

Manish Agarwal

Hi,

How can I use MSAccess's mdb file with Web Site Administration Tool instead
of SQL Server mdf file?

Regards,
Manish Agarwal

Manish Agarwal

Thankyou for your reply

I followed the steps mentioned at
http://imar.spaanjaars.com/QuickDocId.aspx?quickdoc=404 But I was facing
some problem, after spending 2 hrs I come to know that in connection string
I was using a folder path containing "#" :-(

One more query I have, I have configured SMTP settings using WSAT and using
forget password control but at run time it throwing exception that it is not
implemented. What could be the problem ?

Regards,

sloan

I would go through this code:
http://sholliday.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!A68482B9628A842A!138.entry

so you can learn/understand ~~HOW~~ emails are sent via .Net.

When emails are failing , you need to get a grasp on the different
authentication models, which is the usual culprit.

AFTER you work through the code at the above URL....you can probably use the
default settings:

Here is the typical setup for emails. Again, if you just skip the URL above
and just go for the "quick fix" below, you'll miss the opportunity to
understand ~how the emails are sent using the different authentication
schemes.
<system.net>

<mailSettings>
<smtp from="(e-mail address removed)">
<network host="smtp-server.rr.com" password=""
userName="(e-mail address removed)" />
</smtp>
</mailSettings>

</system.net>

But it would be wise/prudent to get a grasp on how emails are sent instead
of just patching it so it works today. Because when you deploy, things most
likely will be slightly different.

Gregory A. Beamer

Hi,

How can I use MSAccess's mdb file with Web Site Administration Tool
instead of SQL Server mdf file?

This should be automatic. A couple of things might interfere.

1. Do you have proper permissions on the Access database
2. Have you broken any web rules for naming (on the database name, for
exmaple)

There might also be an issue with Express, although I doubt it as I think
the admin tool is the same. This would not apply if you are using Visual
Studio proper.