    of SQL Server mdf file?

    Regards,
    Manish Agarwal

    Manish Agarwal, Jul 9, 2009

  2. Manish Agarwal

    sloan Guest

    sloan, Jul 9, 2009

  3. Manish Agarwal

    sloan Guest

    Here is the one I was looking for:

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/asp.net/aa336558.aspx

    Downloads
    Sample Access Providers

    IIRC, it was a partial implementation.

    sloan, Jul 9, 2009
  4. Thankyou for your reply

    I followed the steps mentioned at
    http://imar.spaanjaars.com/QuickDocId.aspx?quickdoc=404 But I was facing
    some problem, after spending 2 hrs I come to know that in connection string
    I was using a folder path containing "#" :-(

    One more query I have, I have configured SMTP settings using WSAT and using
    forget password control but at run time it throwing exception that it is not
    implemented. What could be the problem ?

    Regards,

    Manish Agarwal, Jul 9, 2009
  5. Manish Agarwal

    sloan Guest

    I would go through this code:
    http://sholliday.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!A68482B9628A842A!138.entry

    so you can learn/understand ~~HOW~~ emails are sent via .Net.

    When emails are failing , you need to get a grasp on the different
    authentication models, which is the usual culprit.

    AFTER you work through the code at the above URL....you can probably use the
    default settings:

    Here is the typical setup for emails. Again, if you just skip the URL above
    and just go for the "quick fix" below, you'll miss the opportunity to
    understand ~how the emails are sent using the different authentication
    schemes.
    <system.net>

    <mailSettings>
    <smtp from="">
    <network host="smtp-server.rr.com" password=""
    userName="" />
    </smtp>
    </mailSettings>

    </system.net>

    But it would be wise/prudent to get a grasp on how emails are sent instead
    of just patching it so it works today. Because when you deploy, things most
    likely will be slightly different.

    sloan, Jul 9, 2009
  6. "Manish Agarwal" <> wrote in

    > Hi,
    >
    > How can I use MSAccess's mdb file with Web Site Administration Tool
    > instead of SQL Server mdf file?

    This should be automatic. A couple of things might interfere.

    1. Do you have proper permissions on the Access database
    2. Have you broken any web rules for naming (on the database name, for
    exmaple)

    There might also be an issue with Express, although I doubt it as I think
    the admin tool is the same. This would not apply if you are using Visual
    Studio proper.

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA