Using ADSSecurity.DLL from an ASP.NET web service

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by Gilligan Joy, Oct 23, 2003.

  1. Gilligan Joy

    Gilligan Joy Guest

    Hi all,

    I'm trying to obtain a hex string security ID (SID) using ADsSecurity.DLL
    from a web service. However, when the ADsSID.SetAs() method is invoked from
    within the web service, a "page not found" error is generated in the browser
    window. Impersonating using an administrator's account doesn't work.

    I can obtain a hex string security ID without any difficulty using
    ADsSecurity.DLL from a Windows Forms application running under an
    administrator's account.

    I have found code on the web for the .NET equivalent for obtaining the hex
    string security ID (by using property "objectSID"), but it returns a blank
    value.

    Any help would be appreciated!

    Thanks,
    Gilligan Joy