Using ajaxToolkit:AnimationExtender in a content page

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Cal Who, Dec 16, 2009.

  1. Cal Who

    Cal Who Guest

    In Default.aspx I want to move a Table that is in the .Master file.

    I tried the following even though I didn't expect it to work; and it didn't.

    <%@ MasterType VirtualPath="~/Main.master" %>

    <asp:Content ID="Content0" ContentPlaceHolderID="TopImageCPH"
    runat="Server">

    <asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server"/>

    <ajaxToolkit:AnimationExtender ID="AnimationExtender1" runat="server"
    TargetControlID="Master.TableTop">

    <Animations>

    <OnLoad>

    <Sequence>

    <Parallel Duration="0" Fps="30">

    <Move AnimationTarget="Master.TableTop" relative="false" Horizontal="350"
    Vertical="350"></Move>

    </Parallel>

    I got no error message - the table just did not move.

    Before I moved it to Default.aspx I had similar code in .Master and it woked
    OK there.

    I moved it because I only what to move the table with the Default.aspx page.

    Do you have any suggestion as to what I can try.

    The table is "right below" the form. That is:<Form..><Table..>...

    What would be a more technical way of saying "right below"

    I do have in Web.config the following:

    <add tagPrefix="ajaxToolkit" namespace="AjaxControlToolkit"
    assembly="AjaxControlToolkit"/>

    </controls>

    Just because I have that in Web.config I don't think I need

    <asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server"/>

    in the content pages that do not reference ajaxToolkit - do I?

    Thanks for any help at all!
    Cal Who, Dec 16, 2009

  2. Cal Who

    Patrice Guest

    Hello,

    For now I would think that the problem is that the TargetID property should
    be just a control name (i.e. Master. is not evaluated, it will just try to a
    control named "Master.TableTop", not a control named "TableTop" in the
    Master page (accessed through the Master property)...

    Try perhaps in your code behind to do something such as :

    AnimationExtender1.TargetControlID=Master.TableTop.ClientID;

    --
    Patrice

    discussion : ...

    Patrice, Dec 16, 2009