    This doesn't support SSL but is supposed to soon.
    http://kevinlangdon.com/serviceCapture/

    Any other suggestions?

    Dan Kohn, Dec 2, 2005

  2. Dan Kohn wrote:

    >As part of debugging WWW::Mechanize, I realized that the best way to
    >compare what my browser is doing to what mechanize is doing would be to
    >compare their HTTP transactions incoming and outgoing. What I want is
    >an HTTP proxy that can record the transactions and also supports SSL.

    MouseHole is a scriptable proxy. <http://mousehole.rubyforge.org/>

    A script to record traffic would a cinch. Basically,

    1. Download MouseHole from the above link. Instructions for running it
    are there as well.
    2. Add a script named `proxyrecord.user.rb' to your
    ~/.mouseHole/userScripts/ directory.
    Contains:

    MouseHole.script do
    name "Proxy Record"
    namespace "http://yourdomain.com/"
    description "Records all traffic, very snoopy."
    include_match %r!http://.*!
    version "1.0"

    rewrite do |req, res|
    # store contents of `req' and `res' in the database or a
    # log file or something
    end
    end
    3. In your browser, setup MouseHole as your proxy (http://127.0.0.1:37004/)
    4. Visit http://127.0.0.1:37004/ and activate the Proxy Record script by
    checking its box.

    As for SSL, I don't think proxies can actually intercept unencrypted
    SSL. It uses the CONNECT method.

    _why

    why the lucky stiff, Dec 2, 2005

  3. Dan Kohn

    Dan Kohn Guest

    Very helpful, why, thanks. I presume I would need to use something
    like WATIR to see the unencrypted contents of an SSL connection by
    getting it directly from IE.

    Dan Kohn, Dec 3, 2005