Using ASP.NET 2.0 Roleprovider against AzManStore in ADAM

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by griffore@gmail.com, Dec 14, 2007.

  1. Guest

    I've been able to setup an AzMan store within ADAM and authorize a
    user
    against it.

    Here's a code snippet:
    IAuthorizationProvider azManProvider =
    AuthorizationFactory.GetAuthorizationProvider("AzManProvider");

    lblName.Text = User.Identity.Name;
    chkIsAuthenticated.Checked =
    User.Identity.IsAuthenticated;
    lblAuthenticationType.Text =
    User.Identity.AuthenticationType;

    chkAuthQuery.Checked = azManProvider.Authorize(User,
    "Query");
    chkAuthQueryStation.Checked =
    azManProvider.Authorize(User,
    "O:QueryOperation");

    All that is well and good however, I expected to use ASP.NET Roles to
    query
    for the roles I have setup with AzMan.

    Roles.GetRolesForUser() returns the following exception:
    Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
    {"Element not found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070490)"}

    My ADAM and IIS instances are on separate servers within the same
    domain.
    How do I reference the ASP.NET machine account from the IIS machine in
    local security group on my ADAM box? I need to add this local group to
    the Readers role of the AzManStore.

    , Dec 14, 2007