Using ASP.NET like ASP

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Datagrid Control' started by Troy Stanley - CyberWarehouse.com, Aug 19, 2003.

  1. Is there a way to get the values of a dataset and turn them into variables
    so I can put them anywhere in my code like classic ASP? I am very new to
    ASP.NET and I am using an ecommerce packaged developed on the .NET platform.
    I have had some positive experiences migrating my knowledge to the new
    platform/language, but I don't have time to learn it. My boss wants this
    site up ASAP.

    My biggest problem is that I am trying to display a page that contains data
    about only one record, a product details page. In this row is custom
    headings that may preclude another field and fields that have a permenent
    header and some that are image paths.

    When I grab the record with a repeater, all columns are displayed(which are
    actually formatted as rows in my HTML table) and those that are DBNull are
    displayed as blank <tr>'s.

    I am trying to side step the OOP construction by placing the data in
    variables and mixing them with the HTMl, old school style.

    Does anyone have any advice?

    --
    Thanks a lot!

    Troy
    Troy Stanley - CyberWarehouse.com, Aug 19, 2003