Using ASP.NET like ASP

Troy Stanley - CyberWarehouse.com

Is there a way to get the values of a dataset and turn them into variables
so I can put them anywhere in my code like classic ASP? I am very new to
ASP.NET and I am using an ecommerce packaged developed on the .NET platform.
I have had some positive experiences migrating my knowledge to the new
platform/language, but I don't have time to learn it. My boss wants this
site up ASAP.

My biggest problem is that I am trying to display a page that contains data
about only one record, a product details page. In this row is custom
headings that may preclude another field and fields that have a permenent
header and some that are image paths.

When I grab the record with a repeater, all columns are displayed(which are
actually formatted as rows in my HTML table) and those that are DBNull are
displayed as blank <tr>'s.

I am trying to side step the OOP construction by placing the data in
variables and mixing them with the HTMl, old school style.

Does anyone have any advice?