Using ASP.net to create a website

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Joe_Black, Jun 3, 2005.

  1. Joe_Black

    Joe_Black Guest

    Hi all,

    I have to admit when it comes to websites and the like I'm a complete
    novice, so I want some advice/opinions please.

    I have been writing apps for Windows for about 7 years now, and for
    several years before that for DOS and now, I develop in C# these days,
    but a friend asked me the other day if I would create a new website for
    him. Basically it was originally created with NetObjects fusion, but he
    wants shopping carts, users, newsletters sent, a forum (poss) and a
    blog. I now Web hosting that will give me the ability to use this
    functionality, www.123-reg.co.uk, but obviously I need to create a
    webserver to do this.

    With my utter lack of knowledge in ASP.net how easy would it be for me
    to achieve the above scenario for him, are there any pitfalls I should
    watch out for. I use VS.net 2003 with the enterpise Architect
    subscription to the MSDN, would I need any further things to allow me to
    give him what he wants?

    Do I need to know HTML in depth?

    Does any one have an recomendations form good books, websites or articles?

    Many thanks

    Joe

    Joe_Black, Jun 3, 2005

  2. check out dotnetnuke or ibuyspy portal.
    useful urls
    http://www.dotnetnuke.com
    http://www.asp.net/Default.aspx?tabindex=8&tabid=47

    --