Using ASP.net to set Text Box field to Numerics only

Sue

Hello,

We are in the process of implementing our third party customized application
to use Blackberry which I believe uses HTML. Is there a way that we can get
an ASP.net Mobile text box to work with only numeric data? In order for the
user to enter a number, they have to hit the shift numlock key, and we want
to prevent the user from having to do this. On Yahoo's weather site this is
supported with the zipcode field. I believed this is done on their site using
WML. Is there a way that we can connect the ASP.net mobile web pages to WML?
Is there any other way that this can be done?

By the way, I've already tried the numeric property of text box = 'true".
This didn't work, and I believe that is because Blackberry's use HTML not WML
or at least the 3rd party app we are using uses HTML.

Thanks in advance for your time and your help.

JuanDG

well, the numeric property of the mobile text box only works when the device
accessing the site request a WML page, because this "numeric" property exist
only in WML.
If you need to do it for HTML, you need to use JavaScript, although I'm not
sure if the Blackberry supports JavaScript.

Finally, by "3rd party app" you are talking about a browser?? it's not very
clear

--

Juan David Gomez A.
Microsoft Certified Professional

Sue

Thanks Juan,

Actually the version of Blackberry that we are using the newer version does
support JavaScript I believe. The only question now is how would I complete
this in JavaScript? I am new to the programming arena.

I did see some javascript out on the net that uses keycodes. Do you know if
keycodes work on Blackberry? I am unsure whether the keycodes are the same
or not as that of a keyboard. I was able to get it to work pointing the
web.config - device filter to use WML, but they don't want to use WML here
because then you lose the functionality of drop down boxes.

Any tips on how to complete this?

Thanks for all your help!
Sue