    This didn't work, and I believe that is because Blackberry's use HTML not WML
    or at least the 3rd party app we are using uses HTML.

    Thanks in advance for your time and your help.
    Sue, Dec 30, 2004

  2. Sue

    JuanDG Guest

    well, the numeric property of the mobile text box only works when the device
    accessing the site request a WML page, because this "numeric" property exist
    only in WML.
    If you need to do it for HTML, you need to use JavaScript, although I'm not
    sure if the Blackberry supports JavaScript.

    Finally, by "3rd party app" you are talking about a browser?? it's not very
    clear

    --

    Juan David Gomez A.
    Microsoft Certified Professional

    JuanDG, Jan 3, 2005

  3. Sue

    Sue Guest

    Thanks Juan,

    Actually the version of Blackberry that we are using the newer version does
    support JavaScript I believe. The only question now is how would I complete
    this in JavaScript? I am new to the programming arena.

    I did see some javascript out on the net that uses keycodes. Do you know if
    keycodes work on Blackberry? I am unsure whether the keycodes are the same
    or not as that of a keyboard. I was able to get it to work pointing the
    web.config - device filter to use WML, but they don't want to use WML here
    because then you lose the functionality of drop down boxes.

    Any tips on how to complete this?

    Thanks for all your help!
    Sue

    Sue, Jan 6, 2005