    how this can be accomplished?

    Thank You,
    JIm

    Jimmy Tran, May 6, 2004

  2. MSWord is not really a server side tool, and you can easily hang your server
    by leaving too many instances open. That said, someone has kindly provided
    an excellent tuorial on doing it....

    http://www.codeproject.com/aspnet/wordapplication.asp

    Regards

    John Timney
    Microsoft Regional Director
    Microsoft MVP

    John Timney \(Microsoft MVP\), May 6, 2004

  3. Jimmy Tran

    WJ Guest

    You can build *.doc files using XML format without the need of MSO present
    on any devices. However, your clients or users must have MS/Word 2003 to
    read these xml documents you create. No backward compatibility available.

    John

    WJ, May 7, 2004