using ASP pages along side ASP.Net in VS2005

Terry Jolly

Here's the problem/question.

The goal: run asp pages with apsx pages in the same solution with VS2005 IDE

I've loaded my asp pages into a new VS2005. However the asp pages would not
run. So, I did the following.

Added to web.config:

<httpHandlers>
<add verb="GET, HEAD, POST, DEBUG" path="*.htm"
type="System.Web.UI.PageHandlerFactory"/>
<add verb="GET, HEAD, POST, DEBUG" path="*.html"
type="System.Web.UI.PageHandlerFactory"/>
<add verb="GET, HEAD, POST, DEBUG" path="*.asp"
type="System.Web.UI.PageHandlerFactory"/>
</httpHandlers>

<compilation debug="true">
<buildProviders>
<add extension=".asp"
type="System.Web.Compilation.PageBuildProvider" />
</buildProviders>
</compilation>

I changed the configuration in IIS for the site for "asa & asp" from
C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\INETSRV\asp.dll to
C:\WINNT\Microsoft.net\framework\v2.0.50727\aspnet_isapi.dll
which only causes the system to treat the asp as if it were aspx page --
which generates tons of errors.

Any Ideas?

Thanks!

bruce barker \(sqlwork.com\)

just enable asp script debugging on the website, and as asp runs in the iis
memory, attach to iis with the debugger and you are set.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

Terry Jolly

I found that the URLScan I had installed (a long time ago) was causing some
the problems and had to make changes to the ini file.

Add to the [AllowExtensions] section
..ashx
..aspx

Add to the [DenyExtensions] section
..asax
..ascx
..config
..cs
..csproj
..resources
..vbproj
..vb
..vsdisco
..webinfo
..xsd
..xsx

I had already changed each instance (and there were many) on the
configuration in IIS for the site from
C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\INETSRV\asp.dll to
C:\WINNT\Microsoft.net\framework\v2.0.50727\aspnet_isapi.dll
except for asa and asp.

Basically blind stupid luck on my part. If I made any other changes I don't
remember what they were.