Using ATLAS with dynamically generated header

Guest

We have a very large site which uses Page inheritence. All pages inherit
from a few base classes, which in turn inherit from Page. The purpose of
this is to centrally control header and footer content, as well as a custom
parent class using writer.Write (in Render), then base.Render is called to
generate the content of the subclass (each page).

Unfortunately this design does not seem to be compatible with ATLAS, because
ATLAS requires the <head runat=server> tag to be declared in the body of each
page. How can we overcome this issue? Obviously, changing the structure of
our site is not an option, since it is very large and would be extremely time
consuming.

Thanks.

bruce barker \(sqlwork.com\)

instead of writing html in the render event, have the base page create the
custom header and footer as actual controls in the oninit event.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)