Using Borland C++ Builder under Windows AND Unix?

Ramon F Herrera

As many of you know, the Borland C++ Builder X IDE allows you
to select from a wide variety of compilers for Windows, Linux
and Solaris.

So far, I have only used it under Windows, where I have 4
compilers/linkers to pick from: Intel, Microsoft, GNU and
Borland.

What I would like to do for my next projects is to keep the
front end IDE in Windows while developing with compilers,
linkers and debuggers being remotely executed in a Linux
or Solaris server.

How do I do that? Has anyone out there done it?

According to a video in Borland's web page, it seems that one
possible way would be to install CVS on the Unix side.

Thanks for sharing your expertise and comments on this topic.

TIA,

-Ramon F Herrera

Ioannis Vranos

Ramon said:
As many of you know, the Borland C++ Builder X IDE allows you
to select from a wide variety of compilers for Windows, Linux
and Solaris.

So far, I have only used it under Windows, where I have 4
compilers/linkers to pick from: Intel, Microsoft, GNU and
Borland.

What I would like to do for my next projects is to keep the
front end IDE in Windows while developing with compilers,
linkers and debuggers being remotely executed in a Linux
or Solaris server.

How do I do that? Has anyone out there done it?

According to a video in Borland's web page, it seems that one
possible way would be to install CVS on the Unix side.

Thanks for sharing your expertise and comments on this topic.

This subject is off topic in this newsgroup. You should consult Borland
newsgroups. The topic here is ISO C++ only.

Ramon F Herrera

You and a few self-appointed vigilantes will have to go and
create an exclusive newsgroup (with secret handshake and all :)
if you want to keep questions about Borland out of this NG.

-Ramon

?

=?ISO-8859-15?Q?Juli=E1n?= Albo

Ramon said:
You and a few self-appointed vigilantes will have to go and
create an exclusive newsgroup (with secret handshake and all :)
if you want to keep questions about Borland out of this NG.

Do not answer is not enough?