using close window buttons on a refreshed page

mcyi2mr3

Hi all

I'm new to javascript and im trying to add a close button function to
my certain pages of my site. I use this code:

to create a hyperlink which closes the window. However with pages which
display data retrieved from a database using PHP i use a form to submit
a search on the page which displays results. At the bottom of the page
is the close window link, however it fails to work once a form has been
submitted on the page. It only works when the page first loads.

Any ideas guys on how i can get a close window option that works on my
results page after submitting a search?

Marc

Randy Webb

(e-mail address removed) said the following on 11/1/2005 3:39 PM:
Hi all

I'm new to javascript and im trying to add a close button function to
my certain pages of my site. I use this code:

to create a hyperlink which closes the window. However with pages which
display data retrieved from a database using PHP i use a form to submit
a search on the page which displays results. At the bottom of the page
is the close window link, however it fails to work once a form has been
submitted on the page. It only works when the page first loads.

Any ideas guys on how i can get a close window option that works on my
results page after submitting a search?

<H1>To close this page, click the X in the upper right corner</H1>

Users know how to use the browser and it's built in mechanisms, stop
trying to reinvent the wheel and your problem will go away.

mcyi2mr3

But still the unanswered question looms large in my mind, why does the
javascript not work when the webpage form is submitted?

Randy Webb

(e-mail address removed) said the following on 11/1/2005 5:29 PM:

Please quote what you are replying to.

"Reply" link at the bottom of the article. Click on "show options" at
the top of the article, then click on the "Reply" at the bottom of the
article headers.
But still the unanswered question looms large in my mind, why does the
javascript not work when the webpage form is submitted?

Who knows, without seeing a bare minimum sample page that displays the
behavior you describe, it is impossible to even guess.

--
Randy
Question: Why?