    What does this mean?

    Thank you

    Huub

    Huub, May 11, 2004

  2. On Tue, 11 May 2004 15:48:16 +0200, Huub wrote:

    > I'm trying to change the colours in my program,

    What program?
    <http://www.physci.org/codes/sscce.jsp>

    >..but I get these warnings:
    >
    > Warning: Color name "...." is not defined
    > Warning: Cannot parse default background color specification.

    ...Is this _Java_?

    > What does this mean?

    It means the bit in "..." is not defined,
    the 'compiler' does not know what they are.

    Further details might be forthcoming with an
    example, but I think you should post it to..

    Andrew Thompson

    Andrew Thompson, May 11, 2004

  3. Huub

    Huub Guest

    Andrew Thompson wrote:
    > On Tue, 11 May 2004 15:48:16 +0200, Huub wrote:
    >

    >>I'm trying to change the colours in my program,

    > What program?

    Sorry...here is a snippet:

    if (e.getSource() instanceof JRadioButtonMenuItem)
    if ("Blue".equals(actionCommand))
    {
    // paneel.setForeground(Color.blue);
    paneel2.setForeground(Color.blue);
    System.out.println("Blue");
    }
    > <http://www.physci.org/codes/sscce.jsp>
    >
    >>..but I get these warnings:
    >>
    >>Warning: Color name "...." is not defined
    >>Warning: Cannot parse default background color specification.

    > ..Is this _Java_?

    Sure is. Using NetBeans 3.6 on Solaris 9 x86. BTW, "...." was BACKGROUND.

    >>What does this mean?

    > It means the bit in "..." is not defined,
    > the 'compiler' does not know what they are.

    I figured...question is: why?

    Thanks.

    Huub, May 11, 2004
  4. On Tue, 11 May 2004 17:09:40 +0200, Huub wrote:

    > Andrew Thompson wrote:
    >> On Tue, 11 May 2004 15:48:16 +0200, Huub wrote:
    >>

    >>>I'm trying to change the colours in my program,

    >> What program?

    (link trimmed - reinserted)

    <http://www.physci.org/codes/sscce.jsp>

    > Sorry...here is a snippet:

    Sorry...where does that link mention 'snippets'?

    --
    Andrew Thompson

    Andrew Thompson, May 11, 2004