using colours

Huub

Hi,

I'm trying to change the colours in my program, but I get these warnings:

Warning: Color name "BACKGROUND" is not defined
Warning: Cannot parse default background color specification.
Warning: Color name "FOREGROUND" is not defined
Warning: Color name "WINDOW_BACKGROUND" is not defined
Warning: Color name "WINDOW_FOREGROUND" is not defined

What does this mean?

Thank you

Huub

Andrew Thompson

I'm trying to change the colours in my program,

What program?
..but I get these warnings:

Warning: Color name "...." is not defined
Warning: Cannot parse default background color specification.

...Is this _Java_?
What does this mean?

It means the bit in "..." is not defined,
the 'compiler' does not know what they are.

Further details might be forthcoming with an
example, but I think you should post it to..

Huub

Andrew said:
What program?
Sorry...here is a snippet:

if (e.getSource() instanceof JRadioButtonMenuItem)
if ("Blue".equals(actionCommand))
{
// paneel.setForeground(Color.blue);
paneel2.setForeground(Color.blue);
System.out.println("Blue");
}
..Is this _Java_?
Sure is. Using NetBeans 3.6 on Solaris 9 x86. BTW, "...." was BACKGROUND.
It means the bit in "..." is not defined,
the 'compiler' does not know what they are.

I figured...question is: why?

Thanks.