using Cookies in win app

hariadusumalli

Hi,

My desktop app needs to identify a cookie stored on the client and
send it in a http request to the web server. So I need to get the
cookie from the cookie files saved in the browser and append this to
the httprequest

I do not know the cookie name. I send a http request to a webserver,
which sends a cookie in the response. I can send back this cookie
using "CookieContainer" class, one I can access this from the Response
object. But the prob is when the application is closed and opened the
next time, it should detect the credentials from the cookie file,
where I'm not sure of the cookie name. One more point here is that
HttpCookie class is not accessible from a windows app.

One more thing strange is I actually check the responses by requesting
from a browser. I checked it with firefox and IE. Firefox actually
saves the cookie( I found it in the cookie file), where as IE does
not. I tried all options with IE. But nothing works. Its not saving
the cookie sent from my particular web server( where as it saves
cookie from yahoo, gmail etc.)

I really need some ones help. Please suggest.

Thanks,
Hari