using "copy Project wizard" creates references to non-existant directories

Larry

I've developed a set of web forms within a project, on of which is in a
folder within the project and has SSL enabled on it. I compile it and
everything works great and wonderful. Then I use the copy project wizard
from dot net VS to copy the app from my development site to a production
site and now I get a

"System.Web.HttpException: Access denied to
'D:\wwwroot\Development\global.asax'. Failed to start monitoring file
changes."

error. Strange thing is that this reference is back to by development site
and is not part of the production site. It only occurs when I try to load
the web form from the directory with SSL enabled. I figured out a work
around but it doesn't seem right to me. What I had to do to get the app to
work (in the production site) was to create a virtual directory under the
development site that points back to the correct production directory (where
the correct global.asx lives). While this workaround has got my client off
my back; I'm not very comfortable with it as I will want to change or remove
my development site and can't with this reference to it from the production
site.

How do I find where in the config/app files this reference is being set and
how would I go about changing it? I really don't want to have to have source
and development files being part of the production site.

-Larry