Using Crystal Reports ActiveX control in WS 2003 Standard...hangs onthis one machine

Brent White

I have a Crystal Report ASP (v10) that serves many machines in our
intranet here to do various kinds of reports. On this one machine,
however, it pulls up the page and hangs trying to get the data, no
matter what report, no matter what time of day. Other people use this
ASP with no problem, but this one machine seems to have big problems.

I have tried reloading the ActiveX control, clearing the cache,
clearing temp files, to no avail. The client is using IE6 with all
the updates. The website is in the Trusted zone.

What am I missing here? Is there some kind of setting that I'm
missing? A timeout or something?

Bob Barrows [MVP]

Brent said:
I have a Crystal Report ASP (v10) that serves many machines in our
intranet here to do various kinds of reports. On this one machine,
however, it pulls up the page and hangs trying to get the data, no
matter what report, no matter what time of day. Other people use this
ASP with no problem, but this one machine seems to have big problems.

I have tried reloading the ActiveX control, clearing the cache,
clearing temp files, to no avail. The client is using IE6 with all
the updates. The website is in the Trusted zone.

What am I missing here? Is there some kind of setting that I'm
missing? A timeout or something?

I have no clue but, if you get no help here, you should try the forums at
the Business objects support site.