Using Cystal Reports in ASP.NET

Don Wash

Hi All!

I'm very very new to DotNet and doing my first Report project. I'm planning
of using VS.NET built-in CrystalReports to create reports. I'm probably
really navie and ignorant to ask this but here's goes. I want to know if
there are any client compatiblity issues need to be considered when
utilizing CystalReports chart controls?

Does client need to download any controls in order to view the charts
properly? Or CystalReports controls the same as ASP.NET WebControls, which
just executed on the server and sent the HTML or Image to client browser?

Many thanks in advance!

Don

Tampa .NET Koder

Using Crystal Reports with Asp.net there is nothing that the client will
need. It is necessary that all the components for Crystal Reports be
installed on the server. Then, Crystal Reports is able to render these
controls as html. Alternatively, Crystal Reports does have the ability to
output reports as .pdf as well as other formats. This is peferred if user
will be printing these reports, since .pdf doucments preserve all the
formatting and provides a cleaner way to print these reports. You may want
to check this site out and view the tutorials and download the samples
http://www.businessobjects.com/products/dev_zone/net/default.asp