Using Data Binding to save data

Guest

Hi

I have a question about whether Data Binding can facilitate the process of saving data in a web application

I learned that you can data bind information from a number of different data sources to controls such as TextBox, ListBox, etc. I am clear on the concept of data flowing from data sources into web forms controls

What I am not clear about is how to make the data flow the other way. When I am ready to save the changes or add a new record, can I somehow re-bind the data source and controls, so the data flows FROM controls TO the data Source

Here is a flow of events
design time
- create data binding
run tim
- page onload, do DataBind() - the data flows from data source to Control
- user is editting, working with a record in a data form. A number of post backs may have occure
- user clicks the save button. Now, here is where I am confused. I have the data loaded in the controls, but no data exists in a dataset. Can I somehow use Data Binding to insert data from the controls to the data source in a SINGLE statement or do I need to generate one line per each field in the dataset -- vanilla, classic ASP method that is..?

Thanks for reading this long post. I appreciate your time and help very much

Zheny
http://www.rusmex.co