    mentioned by Steve Holden here: http://tinyurl.com/ectj8

    Thanks

    Petr Jakes
    Petr Jakes, Apr 28, 2006

  2. It might be in his book, Python Web Programming, or just go to

    http://www.holdenweb.com/

    and ask him yourself using the contact form.

    He's a generous contributor here.

    rick
    BartlebyScrivener, Apr 28, 2006

  3. On 28 Apr 2006 08:20:35 -0700, "Petr Jakes" <> declaimed the
    following in comp.lang.python:

    > I would like to know if anybody can point me to the site, where it is
    > possible to find the tutorial "Using Databases in Python" which is
    > mentioned by Steve Holden here: http://tinyurl.com/ectj8

    Given that his web-site implies that he does these for a living, it
    may not be a publicly available item.
    Dennis Lee Bieber, Apr 28, 2006
  4. Petr Jakes

    Petr Jakes Guest

    I have got Steven's book of course (it is excellent IMHO). I was just
    thinking some new approaches can be found in the tutorial.

    Petr Jakes
    Petr Jakes, Apr 28, 2006
  5. Petr Jakes

    Steve Holden Guest

    Dennis Lee Bieber wrote:
    > On 28 Apr 2006 08:20:35 -0700, "Petr Jakes" <> declaimed the
    > following in comp.lang.python:
    >

    >>I would like to know if anybody can point me to the site, where it is
    >>possible to find the tutorial "Using Databases in Python" which is
    >>mentioned by Steve Holden here: http://tinyurl.com/ectj8
    >>

    > Given that his web-site implies that he does these for a living, it
    > may not be a publicly available item.

    Nah, he's a bozo and his web site is completely wrong (as usual :).

    I produced the PyCon tutorials ("Using Databases in Python" and "An
    Introduction to wxPython") under a Creative Commons license, but
    unfortunately the task of putting them up on the web site hasn't yet
    been nagged to the top of my priority list. Until now :)

    The files are at least temporarily available at

    http://www.holdenweb.com/PyConTX2006/dbPythonIntro.odp
    http://www.holdenweb.com/PyConTX2006/dbPythonIntro.pdf
    http://www.holdenweb.com/PyConTX2006/wxPythonIntro.odp
    http://www.holdenweb.com/PyConTX2006/wxPythonIntro.pdf

    Unfortunately I am having difficulty downloading anything from that
    server at present, even the home page, so you may need to wait a while
    before you can download it. Please email me if they don't become
    available within 24 hours.

    I do teach commercially, but for PyCon I felt that it was appropriate to
    make the materials open. Thank Guido for the liberal Python license,
    whose spirit guided me in licensing these materials.

    regards
    Steve
    --
    Steve Holden +44 150 684 7255 +1 800 494 3119
    Love me, love my blog http://holdenweb.blogspot.com
    Steve Holden, Apr 28, 2006
  6. On Fri, 28 Apr 2006 21:29:32 +0100, Steve Holden <>

    > Dennis Lee Bieber wrote:

    > > Given that his web-site implies that he does these for a living, it
    > > may not be a publicly available item.

    > Nah, he's a bozo and his web site is completely wrong (as usual :).

    I didn't mean to imply everything is done commercially, only that
    what I saw seemed to lean that way (I also clicked on one of the books
    that showed up and got something about "unavailable" from Amazon <G>)
    Dennis Lee Bieber, Apr 29, 2006
  7. Petr Jakes

    Steve Holden Guest

    Dennis Lee Bieber wrote:
    > On Fri, 28 Apr 2006 21:29:32 +0100, Steve Holden <>
    >

    >>Dennis Lee Bieber wrote:

    >>> Given that his web-site implies that he does these for a living, it
    >>>may not be a publicly available item.

    >>Nah, he's a bozo and his web site is completely wrong (as usual :).
    >>

    > I didn't mean to imply everything is done commercially, only that
    > what I saw seemed to lean that way (I also clicked on one of the books
    > that showed up and got something about "unavailable" from Amazon <G>)

    Hmm, time to crawl the site, methinks. Thank you!

    regards
    Steve
    Steve Holden, Apr 29, 2006
  8. Petr Jakes

    Petr Jakes Guest

    Thank you very much, Steve.

    Petr Jakes
    Petr Jakes, Apr 29, 2006
  9. On Sat, 29 Apr 2006 16:50:24 +0100, Steve Holden <>

    > Hmm, time to crawl the site, methinks. Thank you!

    Sorry I don't recall which book it was that gave that result.
    Dennis Lee Bieber, Apr 29, 2006
  10. Petr Jakes

    Steve Holden Guest

    Petr Jakes wrote:
    > Thank you very much, Steve.

    Happy to oblige. You did me a favor, as I had promised the students I
    would put the notes up on the net. Must remember to include them in the
    permanent site build process now :)

    regards
    Steve
    Steve Holden, Apr 29, 2006