Using databses with html

chrisdude911

Hey,
how do i use databases with html, like to add a page (the database) to
my current project?
Thanks
Chris

Edward Garson

how do i use databases with html

Your question is not clear enough. Is this a rails application?
like to add a page (the database) to my current project?

A database is something that holds structured information, what do you
mean by page?

chrisdude911

you know the page with the place where you can see the posts (in my
cases) and create them (in internet explorer). How do i add that page
to a .html page (a hyperlink)?
Thanks
Chris

zycte

With all the respect, but your questions are like a quizz: guess what I
want to do and tell me how to. Ask specific questions and you will get
specific answers.

Martin DeMello

chrisdude911 said:
Hey,
how do i use databases with html, like to add a page (the database) to
my current project?

If what you mean is you want a quick and easy way to dump a database to
an html page as a table, with links to edit each row, check out rails
and its scaffolding feature.

martin

chrisdude911

sorry,
what i mean is,
i have one html/css/javascript project.
i have another rubby on rails project,
how do i get a hyperlink from the ruby on rails app to the
html/css/javascript project?
Thanks
Chris

zycte

Normally, you just put the link in your erb view, i.e. <a
href="http://mydomain.com/my_pretty_html_project.html"/>

If you want to embed the html project in your rails application (and
deploy it with your rails app as a statical part), you need to put it
in the "public" directory of your rails. You can then link to it from
your rails app as <a href="/my_static_page.html"/>

chrisdude911

thanks dude,
that worked!
Thanks