Using DCOP from Python

Jeffrey Barish

The package python-dcop makes it possible to use DCOP from Python. Does
anyone know of a tutorial for this package or an example of its use? I
would like to use it to read a journal entry in Korganizer. I got as far
as figuring out that DCOP offers the interface
korganizer.CalendarIface.openJournalEditor(QString text, QDate date)
but I'm having trouble figuring out how to call this function from Python.
And will it become clear how to control whether I am reading or writing the
journal?

David Boddie

Jeffrey said:
The package python-dcop makes it possible to use DCOP from Python. Does
anyone know of a tutorial for this package or an example of its use? I
would like to use it to read a journal entry in Korganizer. I got as far
as figuring out that DCOP offers the interface
korganizer.CalendarIface.openJournalEditor(QString text, QDate date)
but I'm having trouble figuring out how to call this function from Python.
And will it become clear how to control whether I am reading or writing the
journal?

You might find an answer in the archives of the PyKDE mailing list:

There are probably people reading that list who can give you hints and
tips, at the very least. You might also want to take a look at the
documentation at

http://www.riverbankcomputing.com/Docs/PyKDE3/dcopext.html

This may be enough to get you started.

David