    journal?
    --
    Jeffrey Barish

    Jeffrey Barish, Dec 18, 2006

  2. Jeffrey Barish

    David Boddie Guest

    Jeffrey Barish wrote:
    > The package python-dcop makes it possible to use DCOP from Python. Does
    > anyone know of a tutorial for this package or an example of its use? I
    > would like to use it to read a journal entry in Korganizer. I got as far
    > as figuring out that DCOP offers the interface
    > korganizer.CalendarIface.openJournalEditor(QString text, QDate date)
    > but I'm having trouble figuring out how to call this function from Python.
    > And will it become clear how to control whether I am reading or writing the
    > journal?

    You might find an answer in the archives of the PyKDE mailing list:

    There are probably people reading that list who can give you hints and
    tips, at the very least. You might also want to take a look at the
    documentation at

    http://www.riverbankcomputing.com/Docs/PyKDE3/dcopext.html

    This may be enough to get you started.

    David