Using DIME Attachments with AXIS 1.1

Mike Schmidt

I try to to post attachments to a server from a client app. The
attachments can be very large 200MB or more. The server and a proxy
class for the client is generated by AXIS 1.1. The source for generating
the server/client classes is a wsdl file. This wsdl file contains
statements for the mediaType like this:

<xs:simpleType name="Doc">
<xs:restriction base="xs:base64Binary">
<xs:annotation>
<xs:appinfo>
<content:mediaType
value="text/html"/>
</xs:appinfo>
</xs:annotation>
</xs:restriction>
</xs:simpleType>

The wsdl for this statement you can find on
http://www.gotdotnet.com/team/xml_wsspecs/dime/WSDL-extension-for-DIME.htm
This is an example for using DIME.

If i use this mediaType in the wsdl file, no DIME attachments will be
post to the server. The client memory grows and grows and a out of
memory exception raise.

If i use a media type like application/octetstream, DIME attachments
will be post to the server. Here the problem is, that the server (here
axis) parses the whole message including the attachments. This needs to
much time - for 60MB Attchments it needs more than 20 minutes.

Does any body know the dependencies between DIME attachments and
mediaTypes when using AXIS?

Is there a way to post much data from a client to a server using DIME
attachments? What are the needed statements in a wsdl file for this purpose?

Thanks

Mike