    Thanks,

    --
    Bill

    Bill McCormick, Aug 29, 2005

  2. Bill McCormick wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I've started using DIV tags instead of TABLE et. al. to build
    > navigation menu's. I'm using CSS and the pseudo class *hover* to achieve
    > a flyover effect. The only thing I can't seem to do is make all the menu
    > selection flyover's the same width. (see http://ace-co.ath.cx/products)
    >
    > Is this possible?
    >
    > Thanks,

    Welcome to the club! I fixed it with "white-space: pre;". Maybe not the
    most elegant solution, but it worked for me, - until someone comes up
    with a better idea, that is.

    Best regards,
    Klaus

    Klaus Neumann, Aug 30, 2005

  3. Bill McCormick

    Rincewind Guest

    On Mon, 29 Aug 2005 20:15:28 GMT, Bill McCormick wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > I've started using DIV tags instead of TABLE et. al. to build
    > navigation menu's. I'm using CSS and the pseudo class *hover* to achieve
    > a flyover effect. The only thing I can't seem to do is make all the menu
    > selection flyover's the same width. (see http://ace-co.ath.cx/products)
    >
    > Is this possible?
    >
    > Thanks,

    Take a look at http://www.webreference.com/ some excellent tutorials on
    menus using pure css and without tables, also look at
    http://www.glish.com/css/ for layout techniques.

    And your css isn't valid.

    Rincewind, Aug 30, 2005
  4. Bill McCormick wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > I've started using DIV tags instead of TABLE et. al. to build
    > navigation menu's. I'm using CSS and the pseudo class *hover* to achieve
    > a flyover effect. The only thing I can't seem to do is make all the menu
    > selection flyover's the same width. (see http://ace-co.ath.cx/products)
    >
    > Is this possible?
    >
    > Thanks,

    Small point, but basically your page text is black or dark so your
    background color #003366 makes most of the page unreadable until the
    background image paints. I would make it white or light grey. Wasn't a
    problem with Gecko but MSIE took a while to load the background image.
    Also there always the possibility that the image can get damaged or
    inaccessible for some reason on the server. I always test all my pages
    with the background images disabled to see if the fallback background
    colors allow this page to maintain legibility.

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO