    into it. I've been researching this and trying out some code for the past
    few days without any luck. Can someone tell me if this is even possible and
    perhaps offer some suggestions or sample code?
    Tom Frantz, May 21, 2004

  2. Tom Frantz wrote:

    > I'm looking for help using the DOM interfaces in Internet Explorer. I want
    > to open a new window from a page and copy the contents of a hidden <iframe>
    > into it. I've been researching this and trying out some code for the past
    > few days without any luck. Can someone tell me if this is even possible and
    > perhaps offer some suggestions or sample code?

    IE so far doesn't support importNode so there is no proper W3C DOM
    compliant way to copy nodes from one document (e.g. your hidden frame)
    to another document (e.g. your popup window). Instead with IE you need
    to copy the innerHTML or outerHTML of an element and insert it into the
    other page using insertAdjacentHTML for instance.

    --

    Martin Honnen
    http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/
    Martin Honnen, May 21, 2004