    in AD for the users of my web app and have the web app validate them against
    that group.

    thanx in advance
    =?Utf-8?B?TmVkaW0=?=, Jan 29, 2007

  2. Forms authentication to AD is certainly supported, and I dont believe you
    need to go anywhere near advapi32 to get it to work.

    Take a look through some of the online tutorials to get you moving. This is
    a good one!
    http://www.ondotnet.com/pub/a/dotnet/2003/01/06/formsauthp1.html

    Regards

    John Timney (MVP)
    http://www.johntimney.com
    http://www.johntimney.com/blog

    John Timney \(MVP\), Jan 29, 2007

  3. On Jan 29, 10:38 am, Nedim <> wrote:
    > does anybody know how to use active directory groups with forms security? i
    > found a method (in a advapi32.dll) but it only uses a username and a password
    > from AD so the user has to be in a admin group. i wanna make a separate group
    > in AD for the users of my web app and have the web app validate them against
    > that group.
    >
    > thanx in advance

    What about Windows authentication?

    <authentication mode = "Windows" />
    Alexey Smirnov, Jan 29, 2007
  4. This explains how to use the ActiveDirectory Membership Provider:

    Peter
    --
    Site: http://www.eggheadcafe.com
    Short urls & more: http://ittyurl.net

    =?Utf-8?B?UGV0ZXIgQnJvbWJlcmcgW0MjIE1WUF0=?=, Jan 29, 2007