    able to work with the code we have without any changes and it wouldn't
    cause anything to break .

    , Oct 4, 2007

  2. "" <> wrote in message
    news:...

    > If we installed .net studio on our development server, I would like
    > to think it would work seamlessly with our existing classic asp code ?
    > I am mainly interested in what debugging features this would give me.
    > Please let me know as I am new to ASP and trying to figure out a large
    > complex code base with no documentation and I am the only developer on
    > the project .. If we installed .net studio, I would hope it would be
    > able to work with the code we have without any changes and it wouldn't
    > cause anything to break .

    Studio works fine with ASP. You do not need to change your code in order to
    be able to edit and debugging with with Visual Studio. However if you are
    expecting to be able to write ASP.NET and have it work seamlessly with ASP
    you may be disappointed.

    It will be fine as long as your ASP.NET pages do their thing and the ASP
    pages continue to do theirs. Don't expect to be able to server.execute one
    from another or share application/session data.

    --
    Anthony Jones - MVP ASP/ASP.NET

    Anthony Jones, Oct 4, 2007

  3. PW Guest

    "" <> wrote in message

    > If we installed .net studio on our development server, I would like
    > to think it would work seamlessly with our existing classic asp code ?
    > I am mainly interested in what debugging features this would give me.
    > Please let me know as I am new to ASP and trying to figure out a large
    > complex code base with no documentation and I am the only developer on
    > the project .. If we installed .net studio, I would hope it would be
    > able to work with the code we have without any changes and it wouldn't
    > cause anything to break .

    I installed asp.net onto my server and theres been no hassles. I can still
    run and maintain all my classic ASP stuff with no issues.

    PW, Oct 6, 2007