    debug the page is just opened up in Internet Explorer.

    --
    Scott

    scottrm, Jan 14, 2005

  2. scottrm

    woaychee Guest

    Under "Tools" and click "Connect to Device"
    but you still unable to surf from emulator, you need to add "virtual
    microsoft loopback adapter" and set a dummy IP into it. then it will run
    without problem.

    eventually, you can use Desktop IE to debug ASP.NET Mobile Control
    Application as well. Hope it help.

    woaychee, Jan 15, 2005

  3. scottrm

    Kombaraj.A Guest

    Hi Scott,

    Its simple to configure Mobile Emulator with Visual studio .Net 2003. In
    VS.NET 2003 IDE, select File -> Browse with option. In the next popup window
    select "Add" button and in the "Programe Name" textbox enter your emulator's
    main exe full path or click Browse button & select. Now in the "Browse with"
    dialogbox ur emulator name will be displayed. Select that and click "Set as
    Default" button.

    Now rebuild the application and execute. Now ur output will displayed in ur
    emulator instead of IE.

    OpenWave simulator is a best one emulator to test.

    For more clarification feel free to touch with me.

    Enjoy Programming......

    Kombaraj .A

    Kombaraj.A, Jan 16, 2005
  4. scottrm

    scottrm Guest

    Thanks for the reply. This may sound a bit obvious but I am having some
    problem finding the path's to the relevant emulator exe's that are already
    included with visual studio, any ideas?

    scottrm, Jan 17, 2005
  5. scottrm

    Kombaraj .A Guest

    Hi Scott,

    I dont know in which path u have installed emulator. I have Installed
    Openwave simulator V6.2.2. (C:\Program Files\Openwave\SDK
    6.2.2\program\http\OSDK62http.exe). I have set in VS.NET IDE and its working
    fine. Verify ur simulator's exe path.

    Kombaraj .A, Jan 17, 2005
  6. >I am just starting to develop mobile web pages in Visual Studio .Net 2003.
    > have created asp.net mobile web application project with a mobile web
    > form. I
    > want to view the page in an emulator. I read that I should just set the
    > target device to be for example pocket pc 2003 and then just start to
    > debug
    > the project. However I do not know where to set the target device and if I
    > debug the page is just opened up in Internet Explorer.

    you can also look at Microsoft Mobile Explorer Emulator. it is an external
    tool but a neat one:
    http://www.devhood.com/tools/tool_details.aspx?tool_id=52

    regards,
    Wiktor Zychla