using emulator in visual studio .net 2003

scottrm

I am just starting to develop mobile web pages in Visual Studio .Net 2003. I
have created asp.net mobile web application project with a mobile web form. I
want to view the page in an emulator. I read that I should just set the
target device to be for example pocket pc 2003 and then just start to debug
the project. However I do not know where to set the target device and if I
debug the page is just opened up in Internet Explorer.

woaychee

Under "Tools" and click "Connect to Device"
but you still unable to surf from emulator, you need to add "virtual
microsoft loopback adapter" and set a dummy IP into it. then it will run
without problem.

eventually, you can use Desktop IE to debug ASP.NET Mobile Control
Application as well. Hope it help.

Kombaraj.A

Hi Scott,

Its simple to configure Mobile Emulator with Visual studio .Net 2003. In
VS.NET 2003 IDE, select File -> Browse with option. In the next popup window
select "Add" button and in the "Programe Name" textbox enter your emulator's
main exe full path or click Browse button & select. Now in the "Browse with"
dialogbox ur emulator name will be displayed. Select that and click "Set as
Default" button.

Now rebuild the application and execute. Now ur output will displayed in ur
emulator instead of IE.

OpenWave simulator is a best one emulator to test.

For more clarification feel free to touch with me.

Enjoy Programming......

Kombaraj .A

scottrm

Thanks for the reply. This may sound a bit obvious but I am having some
problem finding the path's to the relevant emulator exe's that are already
included with visual studio, any ideas?

Kombaraj .A

Hi Scott,

I dont know in which path u have installed emulator. I have Installed
Openwave simulator V6.2.2. (C:\Program Files\Openwave\SDK
6.2.2\program\http\OSDK62http.exe). I have set in VS.NET IDE and its working
fine. Verify ur simulator's exe path.

Wiktor Zychla

I am just starting to develop mobile web pages in Visual Studio .Net 2003.
have created asp.net mobile web application project with a mobile web
form. I
want to view the page in an emulator. I read that I should just set the
target device to be for example pocket pc 2003 and then just start to
debug
the project. However I do not know where to set the target device and if I
debug the page is just opened up in Internet Explorer.

you can also look at Microsoft Mobile Explorer Emulator. it is an external
tool but a neat one:
http://www.devhood.com/tools/tool_details.aspx?tool_id=52

regards,
Wiktor Zychla