Using examples in software development

Ohad Barzilay

We are conducting an online web survey as part of a research, held in
Tel Aviv University, that investigates the use of examples in software
development. By 'using examples' we mean any use of an already
existing code in the development process.

We are looking forward to hear your thoughts on that matter. We also
believe that you may gain new insights regarding the way you work just
from filling this survey. Participating is easy, just click the link:
http://tinyurl.com/usingExamples

Feel free to forward this invitation to your friends and colleagues.

Thank you,
Ohad Barzilay

Roedy Green

We are conducting an online web survey as part of a research, held in
Tel Aviv University, that investigates the use of examples in software
development. By 'using examples' we mean any use of an already
existing code in the development process.

That does not make sense. Could you please elaborate.

Arved Sandstrom

Roedy said:
That does not make sense. Could you please elaborate.

It made sense to me, and that's what their survey is all about. All they
are talking about is using already existing code at the source level,
which might be accomplished by copy & paste or by retyping lines from a
book or a web page or a newsgroup post or someone else's code. In other
words, using examples (even if they are your own) is something that each
and every one of us does all the time.

AHS