    Feel free to forward this invitation to your friends and colleagues.

    Thank you,
    Ohad Barzilay

    Ohad Barzilay, Nov 27, 2009

  2. Ohad Barzilay

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Fri, 27 Nov 2009 05:42:19 -0800 (PST), Ohad Barzilay
    <> wrote, quoted or indirectly quoted someone who said
    :

    >We are conducting an online web survey as part of a research, held in
    >Tel Aviv University, that investigates the use of examples in software
    >development. By 'using examples' we mean any use of an already
    >existing code in the development process.

    That does not make sense. Could you please elaborate.
    --
    Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
    http://mindprod.com

    Roedy Green, Nov 28, 2009

  3. Roedy Green wrote:
    > On Fri, 27 Nov 2009 05:42:19 -0800 (PST), Ohad Barzilay
    > <> wrote, quoted or indirectly quoted someone who said
    > :
    >
    >> We are conducting an online web survey as part of a research, held in
    >> Tel Aviv University, that investigates the use of examples in software
    >> development. By 'using examples' we mean any use of an already
    >> existing code in the development process.

    > That does not make sense. Could you please elaborate.

    It made sense to me, and that's what their survey is all about. All they
    are talking about is using already existing code at the source level,
    which might be accomplished by copy & paste or by retyping lines from a
    book or a web page or a newsgroup post or someone else's code. In other
    words, using examples (even if they are your own) is something that each
    and every one of us does all the time.

    AHS

    Arved Sandstrom, Nov 28, 2009