Using Excel in ASP.NET - Permissions. Windows 2003

Ryan Ternier

We've been using Excel for our web apps for quite some time.

We're putting the apps on 2003 boxes now and have run unto an error with
Excel.

It just won't work <darn excel>.

It gives us the error "Access is Denied", which is the usual error that
is given when .NET doesn't have access to it.

***note I will never use <identity impersonate="true"/> **

So I load up DCOMCNFG as start the regular processes of giving users and
groups full access of Microsoft Excel Applicaion in the DCOM section.

I did the exact same process I did for the server 2000 machine... yet I
still get "Access is denied"

Here's what I did:

Select Microsoft Access Application -> Security Tab

Launch Permisions : Customize
Access Permissions : Customize
Configueration Permisions :Customize

Under all of them I give: ISAM, IWAM, ASP.NET, CurrentUser, and the
Adminuser account that logs into the system FULL control.

I go back to my website and refresh it... still access is denied.

This works on all OS's except 2003. Can anyone shed some light?

/RT

Patrick.O.Ige

Give it "NETWORK SERVICE acct as Robbe adviced"
And ur error would dissapear.
Patrick