Using Extenal Javascript file in webcontrol

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by New User, Dec 2, 2003.

  1. New User

    New User Guest

    I have following structure for my project

    myproj
    Controls/control1
    morepages/special.aspx
    specialpages/webpage1.aspx
    scripts/filename.js
    default.aspx

    I have a control1 which has a public property name
    ScriptFilePath for bring in external javascript file.

    E.g it works for when I use control in default.aspx using
    ScriptFilePath="Scripts/filename.js"
    ok when i click on link to navigate it goes to for
    example, morepages/special.aspx page.

    However,

    When I use same control in webpage1.aspx with
    ScriptFilePath="../Scripts/filename.js" then
    I click on link in webpage1.aspx it produces following
    path myproj/specialpages/morepages/special.aspx rather
    than morepages/special.aspx.

    any ideas

    Thanks in advance
    New User, Dec 2, 2003