Using factory pattern for Data access

Ashish

I am trying to apply the factory pattern in one of the application.Can
anyone show how to create and use a factory class to develop the Db
independent code. i hv read some articles for this e.g
http://www.ftponline.com/wss/2002_07/magazine/features/dfox/page4.aspx
(DonBox's article) n have the basic understanding. But i m coming across
very complicated examples/codes. can any one show me the basic fundamentals
of creating connection,executing sql commands and with code?

--
Thanks and Regards,
Ashish Gupta

Phones: +91-33-23573610-14

Fax: +91-33-23573684

T +91-33-23573610-14
M +91.98314.58752

Karl Seguin

Check out:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnaspnet/html/asp02182004.asp

and

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnaspnet/html/asp04212004.asp

You might also wanna check out the source code for the community server
forums which would give you a nice real world example..specifically you'll
want to look at Components\Provider\ForumsDataProvider.cs (and possibly the
SQL implementation).

http://www.telligentsystems.com/Solutions/license.aspx?File=forums-source.exe

Karl