Using filepath method to identify an .html page

Steven D'Aprano

I'm sorry you are getting so frustrated. There's obviously a language
barrier here,

I don't think there is. The OP's posts have been written in excellent
English.

I think we've been well and truly trolled, by somebody who even uses the
name of a troll as his user name.

http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/warriorshtm/ferouscranus.htm

Thanks to Alan Spence for linking to the "Flame Warriors" web site. I
can't believe that it took so long for anyone to realise that we were
being trolled.

I hate to admit it, but I kind of have to admire somebody who can play
dumb so well for so long for the lulz. Well played Ferrous Cranus, well
played. Now please go and play your silly games elsewhere.

[...]

Michael Torrie

I don't think there is. The OP's posts have been written in excellent
English.

Well, his English is pretty good. But his quote string is Cyrillic, and
he uses phrases that are not common in everyday English, such as "I am
compelled." English is clearly his second language.

MRAB

Well, his English is pretty good. But his quote string is Cyrillic, and
he uses phrases that are not common in everyday English, such as "I am
compelled." English is clearly his second language.
"his quote string is Cyrillic"?

If you're referring to the "Τη ΤÏίτη, 22 ΙανουαÏίου 2013 6:23:16 μ.μ.
UTC+2, ο χÏήστης Leonard, Arah έγÏαψε", that's Greek.

alex23

Hello, i decided to switch from embedding string into .html to actually grab the filepath in order to identify it

So all that crap you wrote in past threads about absolutely
essentially needing to identify a html page _no matter where it was
stored on the filesystem_ *was* just crap then?

You're almost certainly trolling. On the minimal chance that you're
not, you should _never_ be identifying a web page by its physical
storage location, you should be identifying it by its _url_.

But your "oh no, those two lines of code are two complex, I MUST DO IT
WITH INT" shrillness has pretty much convinced me you're an idiot and/
or a troll.

Look out, everyone, Br'er Ferrous is trying to get you all stuck in a
tar thread again.

Steven D'Aprano

On Tue, 22 Jan 2013 23:40:24 +0000, Steven D'Aprano wrote:
[snip content]

Holy crap! Sorry for the flood of duplicated posts. That was out of my
control, honest.

rusi

"his quote string is Cyrillic"?

If you're referring to the "Τη ΤÏίτη, 22 ΙανουαÏίου 2013 6:23:16 μ.μ.
UTC+2, ο χÏήστης Leonard, Arah έγÏαψε", that's Greek.

Cyrillic or Greek -- its all greek to me (or Cyrillic)

rusi

On Tue, 22 Jan 2013 23:40:24 +0000, Steven D'Aprano wrote:

[snip content]

Holy crap! Sorry for the flood of duplicated posts. That was out of my
control, honest.

Now Now!

Considering that you've fried the <unmentionable> of all the poor "out-
of-my-control' double-posting GG users, what punishment shall we find
for you?

Heres an idea: Use GG yourself.
It will help the group/mailing list by reducing 5-fold double-posting
to only 2.
It will make you more morally muscular <wink>

Dennis Lee Bieber

I don't think there is. The OP's posts have been written in excellent
English.
<snip>

Okay -- somebody's server glitched... I just received sixteen copies
of this message.

Chris Angelico

Considering that you've fried the <unmentionable> of all the poor "out-
of-my-control' double-posting GG users, what punishment shall we find
for you?

Heres an idea: Use GG yourself.
It will help the group/mailing list by reducing 5-fold double-posting
to only 2.
It will make you more morally muscular <wink>

My object all sublime, I shall achieve in time, to let the punishment
fit the crime, the punishment fit the crime!

Steven, you are hereby sentenced to two hundred hours of community
service, responding to posts from Google Groups users who have sent to
both python-list and c.l.p. However, this court does know leniency,
and time already served will be counted. You are therefore free. Go
and sin no more.

ChrisA

Michael Torrie

"his quote string is Cyrillic"?

If you're referring to the "Τη ΤÏίτη, 22 ΙανουαÏίου 2013 6:23:16 μ.μ.
UTC+2, ο χÏήστης Leonard, Arah έγÏαψε", that's Greek.

Oh, haha! you're so right!