Using <form ... enctype="multipart/form-data">

David Lozzi

I am using an upload util and I was told I need this option,
enctype="multipart/form-data", in my FORM tag. How do I reference the other
form fields within the form from ASP?

THanks,

--
David Lozzi
Associated Business & Technology Group

I should've known that....but I had a brain fart.

Ray at

It depends on the upload component you're using. It should be in the
documentation for the component.

Ray at work

David Lozzi

If i remove the enctype, then I get an error stating "Cannot call BinaryRead
after using Request.Form collection" on this line:

biData = Request.BinaryRead(Request.TotalBytes)

By the looks at it, I cannot use the enctype for my basic form values?

--
David Lozzi
Associated Business & Technology Group
www.associatedbtg.com

I should've known that....but I had a brain fart.

Martin CLAVREUIL

anyway, once you have oinvoqued the readbinary method you cannot ask for a
request.form("param").
you will have to handle the others parameters in the smae components or
parse the string (the result of readbinary) to find your others parameters