using frames,

Mr. x

Another thing , for curiosity :
You didn't do your page site in notepad, and the menu etc..., didn't you (is
it script or utility program) ?
You probeblely use some programs to do the designing -
for me as newbie on designing - I'd like to know what kind of programs did
you use for designing (& also menus ...) , please,
and generally what good programs are for designing ?

Thanks :)

Mr. x

Sorry for my English,
but I didn't understand what is top-post (it's not in my WORD dictionary).
Thanks :)

Nico Schuyt

Mr. x said:
Sorry for my English,
but I didn't understand what is top-post (it's not in my WORD
dictionary). Thanks :)

LOL. I probably should have explained that (and it should be in the FAQ ).
Well, You answer replies above the previous message.
One of the reasons is that it encourages people to snip irrelevant previous
text. The other is that standardisation, no matter if its top or bottom,
makes the posts easier to read. This is a "bottom post newsgroup" (BPN :)
Regards, Nico

Mr. x

Thanks :)

Nico Schuyt said:
LOL. I probably should have explained that (and it should be in the FAQ ).
Well, You answer replies above the previous message.
One of the reasons is that it encourages people to snip irrelevant previous
text. The other is that standardisation, no matter if its top or bottom,
makes the posts easier to read. This is a "bottom post newsgroup" (BPN :)
Regards, Nico

rf

[top posting corrected]

Mr. x, it works like this. You put your reply at the bottom, not at the top!
And you snip stuff that is not relevant.

Cheers
Richard.

Thomas Mlynarczyk

Also sprach Mr. x:
Another thing , for curiosity :
You didn't do your page site in notepad, and the menu etc..., didn't
you (is it script or utility program) ?
You probeblely use some programs to do the designing -
for me as newbie on designing - I'd like to know what kind of
programs did you use for designing (& also menus ...) , please,
and generally what good programs are for designing ?

In fact I use something very similar to Notepad, but a lot better: Textpad.
(www.textpad.com). It's a text editor with syntax highlighting and a lot of
other useful features. But it has nothing to do with programs like
Dreamweaver or Frontpage. The menu on that site, well I created the graphics
with plain old Windows Paint and then had them converted to gif and
optimized by a free online tool. For more sophisticated design I can
recommend Ulead PhotoImpact and Ulead Cool 3D (www.ulead.com) which I used
for some of the other graphics.

rf

Steve R. said:
rf wrote in message...

Like you just didn't ... LOL !!

Which I just *did*.

I snipped everything that did not apply to the course of the discussion,
like sigs etc. I left in everything that *did* apply to the course of the
discussion.

Mr x asks a question.

Nico responds.

Mr x still gets it wrong.

I comment.

I did not quote Mr x's original post about frames as this was, quite
correctly, snipped previously.

If I *did* snip any more than I did then the post would not have stood alone
as a snippet of converstion, as yours does not.

rf wrote in message...

Like you just didn't ... LOL !!
</quote>

<thinks>What the bloody hell are we talking about here? Snip? Snip off
what? Relevant?</thinks>

If I were a newcomer to this thread I would have to look at prior posts to
the thread (which I might not have) to find out why rf said "And you snip
stuff that is not relevant".

There are any number of newsgroup netiquitte faq's out there. Read a few.

Cheers
Richard.