Using Hosts file to locate schema for validation

shawnk

I want to use the Hosts file to locate schema for validation.

The Hosts file (C:\Windows\System32\etc) will locate
xsd schema files on a LAN server for development purposes.
This gives me a alias mechanism for XML namespace redirection.

If the host file on a client machine has the entry;

192.168.1.12 XML-srv

Will the following schema locator attribute work?

xsi:schemaLocation="http://Xml-srv/my-nsp
http://Xml-srv/my-nsp/BTB_Contact_msg.xsd">

I have tryed the validator in XMLSpy (on the client machine) with the
above configuration and it fails to
load the schema from the server.

Since the XMLSpy code is using MSXML, will MSXML use the Hosts file to
resolve the schema locator?

shawnk