Using Hosts file to locate schema for validation

Discussion in 'XML' started by shawnk, Apr 29, 2005.

  1. shawnk

    shawnk Guest

    I want to use the Hosts file to locate schema for validation.

    The Hosts file (C:\Windows\System32\etc) will locate
    xsd schema files on a LAN server for development purposes.
    This gives me a alias mechanism for XML namespace redirection.

    If the host file on a client machine has the entry;

    192.168.1.12 XML-srv

    Will the following schema locator attribute work?

    xsi:schemaLocation="http://Xml-srv/my-nsp
    http://Xml-srv/my-nsp/BTB_Contact_msg.xsd">

    I have tryed the validator in XMLSpy (on the client machine) with the
    above configuration and it fails to
    load the schema from the server.

    Since the XMLSpy code is using MSXML, will MSXML use the Hosts file to
    resolve the schema locator?

    shawnk

    shawnk, Apr 29, 2005