using hotshot for timing and coverage analysis

Andreas Lobinger

Aloha,

hotshot.Profile has flags for recording timing per line and line
events. Even if i had both set to 1 i still get only the
standard data (time per call).

Is there any document available that has examples how to use
the hotshot for converage analysis and to display timing
per line?

Hoping for an answer and wishing a happy day
LOBI

Thomas Lotze

Andreas said:
hotshot.Profile has flags for recording timing per line and line events.
Even if i had both set to 1 i still get only the standard data (time per
call).

Could it be that pstats.Stats doesn't know about hotshot? Haven't checked...

What's much more annoying about hotshot is that loading the stats takes
ages if one profiles stuff that runs about half a minute or so. At least
it does that on Python 2.4.1a0 as shipped with Debian testing a while ago.
Is there any document available that has examples how to use the hotshot
for converage analysis and to display timing per line?

Haven't looked thoroughly yet; all I know is what's in the Python docs.