    objects bring along, is using the html stuff reasonable? Will it be
    faster/less memory ? Or is it about the same.

    TIA - Jeffrey

    UJ, Jun 8, 2005

  2. UJ

    Brock Allen Guest

    In general the server side controls all perform the same -- meaning using
    <input type=text runat=server> is the same as <asp:TextBox>. For me, I prefer
    the <asp:Xyx> WebControls as they tend to provide a richer, higher level
    and more consistent API. They provide a greater abstraction. The situation
    when I'd choose a HtmlControl is if either I don't need a server event to
    fire, but I do want to work with it programmitically (as a control object)
    or if I want lower level control over the rendering. And even for the lower
    level control of the rendering, most of what you'd want to do can be accomplished
    with WebControls.

    -Brock
    DevelopMentor
    http://staff.develop.com/ballen