Using HtmlInputFile to download file by sending filename via URL

Vaquar

Hello,
There are examples available using HtmlInputFile and this controls works
when user clicks the button to select file from client browser.

However, my requirement is to use this control via URL. I want to pass
client's file name via URL and automate download file to server.
Documentation mentions that this is for security reason that you can't
initialize this control. But I just want to confirm this.

Thank you

Coskun SUNALI [MVP]

Hi,

For security purposes, selected file property of file input control is
read-only. You can't just set the path and start taking the files from
client's computer.

If you really want to do that, you may need to develop an ActiveX control
and ask user to install it. It is an another story how to develop ActiveX
controls for browsers.

--
All the best,
Coskun SUNALI