    does Useragent support HTTPs? I know PHP needs cURL to have it working. I
    also heard some perl scripts require openSSL. Isn't SSL included in default
    Perl?

    nntp, Oct 27, 2004

  2. A. Sinan Unur, Oct 27, 2004

  3. nntp

    nntp Guest

    > does Useragent support HTTPs? I know PHP needs cURL to have it working. I
    > also heard some perl scripts require openSSL. Isn't SSL included in

    default
    > Perl?

    It seems the script I am looking at does not call openSSL, but
    IO::Socket::SSL. Is IO::Socket::SSL indenpendent from openSSL?

    nntp, Oct 27, 2004
  4. "nntp" <> wrote in

    >> does Useragent support HTTPs? I know PHP needs cURL to have it
    >> working. I also heard some perl scripts require openSSL. Isn't SSL
    >> included in

    > default
    >> Perl?

    > It seems the script I am looking at does not call openSSL, but
    > IO::Socket::SSL. Is IO::Socket::SSL indenpendent from openSSL?

    What part of

    http://search.cpan.org/~behroozi/IO-Socket-SSL-0.96/SSL.pm#LIMITATIONS

    is not clear?

    Sinan

    A. Sinan Unur, Oct 27, 2004
  5. nntp

    nntp Guest

    > > does Useragent support HTTPs? I know PHP needs cURL to have it
    > > working. I also heard some perl scripts require openSSL. Isn't SSL
    > > included in default Perl?

    > What part of
    >
    > http://search.cpan.org/~gaas/libwww-perl-5.800/lwpcook.pod#HTTPS
    >
    > is not clear?
    >
    > Sinan.

    Not clear. It says:
    URLs with https scheme are accessed in exactly the same way as with http
    scheme, provided that an SSL interface module for LWP has been properly
    installed (see the README.SSL file found in the libwww-perl distribution for
    more details). If no SSL interface is installed for LWP to use, then you
    will get "501 Protocol scheme 'https' is not supported" errors when
    accessing such URLs.

    Do I install it during or after I stall ActiveState Perl? Is it default in
    Perl?

    nntp, Oct 27, 2004
  6. "nntp" <> wrote in

    >> > does Useragent support HTTPs? I know PHP needs cURL to have it
    >> > working. I also heard some perl scripts require openSSL. Isn't SSL
    >> > included in default Perl?

    >> What part of
    >>
    >> http://search.cpan.org/~gaas/libwww-perl-5.800/lwpcook.pod#HTTPS
    >>
    >> is not clear?
    >>
    >> Sinan.

    > Not clear. It says:
    > URLs with https scheme are accessed in exactly the same way as with
    > http scheme, provided that an SSL interface module for LWP has been
    > properly installed (see the README.SSL file found in the libwww-perl
    > distribution for more details). If no SSL interface is installed for
    > LWP to use, then you will get "501 Protocol scheme 'https' is not
    > supported" errors when accessing such URLs.
    >
    > Do I install it during or after I stall ActiveState Perl? Is it
    > default in Perl?

    So, you felt it is not necessary to read the README.SSL? Or, did you read
    it and decided not to check whether the modules mentioned there are
    installed on your system? Or, upon checking that, did you find that they
    are not installed? Did you then decide not to do a google search but rather
    ask someone else to do it for you? Or, did you do a google search and then
    fail to find John Bokma's excellent web page on how to install one of those
    packages? How lazy can you get?

    http://johnbokma.com/perl/https.html

    Sinan.

    A. Sinan Unur, Oct 27, 2004
  7. nntp <> wrote:
    >> > does Useragent support HTTPs? I know PHP needs cURL to have it
    >> > working. I also heard some perl scripts require openSSL. Isn't SSL
    >> > included in default Perl?

    >> What part of
    >>
    >> http://search.cpan.org/~gaas/libwww-perl-5.800/lwpcook.pod#HTTPS
    >>
    >> is not clear?
    >>
    >> Sinan.

    > Not clear. It says:

    > see the README.SSL file found in the libwww-perl distribution for
    > more details

    Did you see the README.SSL file found in the libwww-perl distribution for
    more details?

    --
    Tad McClellan SGML consulting
    Perl programming