Using HTTPS in UserAgent etc

nntp

does Useragent support HTTPs? I know PHP needs cURL to have it working. I
also heard some perl scripts require openSSL. Isn't SSL included in default
Perl?

nntp

does Useragent support HTTPs? I know PHP needs cURL to have it working. I
also heard some perl scripts require openSSL. Isn't SSL included in default
Perl?

It seems the script I am looking at does not call openSSL, but
IO::Socket::SSL. Is IO::Socket::SSL indenpendent from openSSL?

nntp

does Useragent support HTTPs? I know PHP needs cURL to have it

Not clear. It says:
URLs with https scheme are accessed in exactly the same way as with http
scheme, provided that an SSL interface module for LWP has been properly
installed (see the README.SSL file found in the libwww-perl distribution for
more details). If no SSL interface is installed for LWP to use, then you
will get "501 Protocol scheme 'https' is not supported" errors when
accessing such URLs.

Do I install it during or after I stall ActiveState Perl? Is it default in
Perl?

A. Sinan Unur

Not clear. It says:
URLs with https scheme are accessed in exactly the same way as with
http scheme, provided that an SSL interface module for LWP has been
properly installed (see the README.SSL file found in the libwww-perl
distribution for more details). If no SSL interface is installed for
LWP to use, then you will get "501 Protocol scheme 'https' is not
supported" errors when accessing such URLs.

Do I install it during or after I stall ActiveState Perl? Is it
default in Perl?

So, you felt it is not necessary to read the README.SSL? Or, did you read
it and decided not to check whether the modules mentioned there are
installed on your system? Or, upon checking that, did you find that they
are not installed? Did you then decide not to do a google search but rather
ask someone else to do it for you? Or, did you do a google search and then
fail to find John Bokma's excellent web page on how to install one of those
packages? How lazy can you get?

http://johnbokma.com/perl/https.html

Sinan.