using iframes in Safari

luckydenis2007

I am trying to access image information that is displayed using
iframe.
iframe code looks like this:
<iframe id="testImage" src="/images/someimg.gif" scrolling="yes"
frameborder="0" style="border: 0; width: 280px; height: 455px;"></
iframe>

I need to figure out height of the image.

In Firefox and IE it is not a problem.

document.getElementById('testImage').contentWindow.document.getElementsByTagName('img')
[0].height
document.getElementById('testImage').contentWindow.contentDocument.height

But in Safari contentWindow is undefined.

RobG

I am trying to access image information that is displayed using
iframe.
iframe code looks like this:
<iframe id="testImage" src="/images/someimg.gif" scrolling="yes"
frameborder="0" style="border: 0; width: 280px; height: 455px;"></
iframe>

I need to figure out height of the image.

In Firefox and IE it is not a problem.

document.getElementById('testImage').contentWindow.document.getElementsByTa gName('img')
[0].height
document.getElementById('testImage').contentWindow.contentDocument.height

But in Safari contentWindow is undefined.

contentWindow is an MS proprietary property of frame and iframe
elements, it may not be supported by browsers other than IE so make
sure you test for it before attempting to use it.

luckydenis2007

I was able to use it in Firefox. But my problem is Safari.

I am trying to access image information that is displayed using
iframe.
iframe code looks like this:
<iframe id="testImage" src="/images/someimg.gif" scrolling="yes"
frameborder="0" style="border: 0; width: 280px; height: 455px;"></
iframe>
I need to figure out height of the image.
In Firefox and IE it is not a problem.
document.getElementById('testImage').contentWindow.document.getElementsByTa gName('img')
[0].height
document.getElementById('testImage').contentWindow.contentDocument.height
But in Safari contentWindow is undefined.

contentWindow is an MS proprietary property of frame and iframe
elements, it may not be supported by browsers other than IE so make
sure you test for it before attempting to use it.

-Lost

RobG said:
I am trying to access image information that is displayed using
iframe.
iframe code looks like this:
<iframe id="testImage" src="/images/someimg.gif" scrolling="yes"
frameborder="0" style="border: 0; width: 280px; height: 455px;"></
iframe>

I need to figure out height of the image.

In Firefox and IE it is not a problem.

document.getElementById('testImage').contentWindow.document.getElementsByTa
gName('img')
[0].height
document.getElementById('testImage').contentWindow.contentDocument.height

But in Safari contentWindow is undefined.

contentWindow is an MS proprietary property of frame and iframe
elements, it may not be supported by browsers other than IE so make
sure you test for it before attempting to use it.

Sure would be nice if the older pages at Mozilla could get a little update. I remember it
losing out in Mozilla, but cannot find where I read it.

The original poster can use document.defaultView instead of contentWindow.

-Lost

-Lost

-Lost said:
RobG said:
[...]

Oops, scratch that. I know diddly about Safari, so no clue if what I suggested is an
alternative or not.

-Lost

ASM

(e-mail address removed) a écrit :
I was able to use it in Firefox. But my problem is Safari.

with Safari the document of iframe is empty ... !
(for sure ! ! ! :-( )

Little test (in old JS) :

<iframe id="testImage" name="testImage" src="test.gif" scrolling="yes"
frameborder="0" style="border: 0; width: 580px; height: 455px;">
</iframe>

<form onsubmit="return false;">
<button onclick="
if(parent.testImage.document.images)
alert(parent.testImage.document.images.length>0);
">is there an image ? </button>
<button onclick="
if(parent.testImage.document.images)
alert(parent.testImage.document.images[0].height);">height </button>
but *NOT* with Opera 9 and iCab 3.0.3, :
<button onclick="
var I = new Image();
I.src = parent.testImage.location;
alert(I.height);