Using IO::Socket::INET for grabbing web pages

David Morel

Hi,

I need to grab web pages from the internet using IO::Socket::INET.
What is the code for doing so?

I know that there are easier ways to grab pages,
such as by using LWP::Simple --
my $html = get($url);

However, I really need to use IO::Socket:INET.

Any hints?

Thanks,
David Morel

TF

David Morel said:
Hi,

I need to grab web pages from the internet using IO::Socket::INET.
What is the code for doing so?

I know that there are easier ways to grab pages,
such as by using LWP::Simple --
my $html = get($url);

However, I really need to use IO::Socket:INET.

Any hints?

Thanks,
David Morel

You are liable to get bad requests that happen intermittantly if you do. Use
LPW