Using JAAS for JBoss portlet authentication

Discussion in 'Java' started by priyom, Nov 8, 2006.

  1. priyom

    priyom Guest

    Hi,
    I want to use JAAS for authenticating users to my portlet. The problem
    is, the jass.config (which consists of the configuration entries for
    the custom modules) file is not read by the JBoss Application server
    hence my LoginModule (say my.portal.CustomLoginModule) is not called by
    JBoss. I tried putting it in /WEB-INF folder but to no avail. My
    application is basically a portlet which initially would ask the users
    to login and then validate the user against a database (through a web
    service in the future). If the user is valid, a new page would be
    displayed, else an error page would be shown.
    Contents of jaas.config:
    Example {
    my.portal.CustomLoginModule required debug="true"
    url="jdbc:mysql://localhost/principal" driver="com.mysql.jdbc.Driver";
    };
    I am instantiating CustomLoginContext like this:
    CustomLoginContext lc = new CustomLoginContext("Example");
    Let me clarify that I am talking about a separate login for my own
    portlet and not for the entire portal.
    Any pointers would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

    Regards,
    Priyom

    priyom, Nov 8, 2006