using Jacob com.jacob.com.ComFailException:

Discussion in 'Java' started by Bhanu, Jul 23, 2007.

  1. Bhanu

    Bhanu Guest

    Hi All,

    I am using jacob to use com library.
    I am getting the following exception when I do -
    Dispatch test = new Dispatch("MathTest.Math"); which is in the
    sample.

    Exception in thread "main" com.jacob.com.ComFailException: Can't get
    object clsid from progid

    but doing
    ActiveXComponent comp = new ActiveXComponent("Outlook.Application");

    is successful.

    Can someone please guide me what I am doing wrong.

    I have put the required libs in path.

    Thanks,
    Bhanu.

    Bhanu, Jul 23, 2007