    use the entropy?

    If someone could point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it.
    Thanks!
    Arash Nikkar, Feb 28, 2006

  2. Arash Nikkar

    Guest

    hey can u please help me with JAI to read and conver RAW images to BMP??
    , Mar 1, 2006

  3. Arash Nikkar

    Roedy Green Guest

    On 28 Feb 2006 14:55:29 -0800, "Arash Nikkar" <>

    >If someone could point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it.
    >Thanks!

    We had this problem with a security camera controlling program. nto
    all cameras have motion detect hardware. There are C libraries for
    this sort of thing. So we hooked them up.
    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.
    Roedy Green, Mar 1, 2006
  4. Arash Nikkar

    Arash Nikkar Guest

    Hi Roedy,

    I want to stay away from hardware dependency, because I also want to be
    able to just input any video (inlcuding a whole video), and detect for
    motion. so I want to try and figure out a way to compare frames.
    Arash Nikkar, Mar 1, 2006
  5. Arash Nikkar

    Roedy Green Guest

    On 1 Mar 2006 10:52:50 -0800, "Arash Nikkar" <>

    >I want to stay away from hardware dependency, because I also want to be
    >able to just input any video (inlcuding a whole video), and detect for
    >motion. so I want to try and figure out a way to compare frames.

    You are certainly to the first person to need this. I would spend
    some time looking for reasonable ways to implement this. Some ways may
    involve very sophisticated, pinpointing key spots in the image and
    seeing where they go. A simpler solution is just to team your camera
    up with a motion detector, that uses ultrasound, IR, sound detection
    etc.

    Pretty well anything you cook up on your own without mathematically
    background is like to be both slow and inaccurate. You want to be
    able to calibrate it for sensitivity. You don't want wind wiggling
    leaves to trigger it.
    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.
    Roedy Green, Mar 1, 2006