using jarkata jelly for transformations?

Elhanan

hi.

u have one xml document which contains lots of elemtns which have the
same name but have one attribute which has nubber saying what they
realy are, andi would like to turn that xml into actuall elemnts with
real attributes.

i don't want to use xsl becouse it looks ugly and while transformation
the document i cannot access the new document (maybe to look for my
created elements and have them be attached to other new elements).

i've stumbled upon jelly,? it's looks nice, but can it accept input xml
string, to process accroding to it's xml script ?

is it any good (heard somday the author himself apologized for it).

Joseph Kesselman

Haven't used Jelly so I have no opinion whatever about it. I'd probably
do that task in XSLT.

Elhanan

yea but issue with xslt, is that you can't access your own xml document
you are creating , as well as being rather complex on it's own.