using Javascript to automate Photoshop

lkrubner

Please go here and download the tutorial. I'm looking for feedback
about it.

http://www.geocities.com/lawrence_k.geo/techie.html

I'm looking for feedback regarding this tutorial for Photoshop.

Adobe Photoshop offers two kinds of automation: actions and scripts.
Actions are simple macros that Photoshop will create for you, by
recording your actions and then repeating them exactly. Scripts are
much more powerful. Scripts allow for conditional logic (that is, "if,
then" statements). Photoshop scripts can be written in one of three of
languages: Applescript, Visual Basic (VBscript) or Javascript. Since
Javascript is cross-platform and the others aren't, the only good
reason to use the others is if know them well but you don't know
Javascript.

Yesterday a friend asked me how to write scripts in Photoshop. I
attempted to write a simple tutorial. I'm the wrong person to write
such a tutorial, since my understanding of Javascript is still weak. I
am hungry for feedback. I'd like to improve this. Automation is one of
the least used and most important aspects of Photoshop. This tutorial
is aimed at graphic designers who have no understanding of programming.
I think it is important to educate as many Photoshop users as possible
about the benefits of using Javascript for automation. I'd like for
this tutorial to be a good one, in the end.